• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

Q&A Concerns with study retention

Anne

Anne's Pics
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
I'm taking my CCS on 12/28 and having a difficult time retaining what I am studying due to Fibro Fog; any suggestions? I have an extreme case of Fibromyalgia (my Rhematologists words) and Chronic Migraine Syndrome (15-20 migraines a month). --I intend on taking this exam and passing it, please! :/

Anne

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
The wise woman within me is saying: first work at getting your health back, everything else is secondary.

If you aren't getting results with conventional medicine there are alternative modalities that can help. In my town, the go-to person for migraines is an Atlas Orthogonal chiropractor -- she gets amazing results -- but there are only several hundred of these in the US. Google it, and see if you have one near you. Ask around to see what is available in your area. See what is covered by your insurance, if anything. Other possible sources of help may be the holistic doctor (some are MDs, too), regular chiropractors, registered or certified nutritionist, acupuncturist, or a quantum biofeedback practitioner, (Google it: Ondamed fibromyalgia). It just depends who in your area has been able to heal these ailments. Always double check they have experience and success healing your diagnoses.

Not sure this is the advice you wanted, but honestly, this is the way I see it.

Anne

Anne's Pics
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Practicoder
Ruth, Thank you for your opinion. I do see a neurologist for the migraines and he is actually treating me for the migraines with the right medication; far different from what the what previous doctors have done. My rheumatologist is the top in this area and is doing all that he can; he has tried all the "fibromyalgia" medications and finally found the right one for that; now it is just to narrow down the right combination of others for the flare ups. I haven't thought about the chiropractor, I'll be looking into that this week, thank you! I am always open to new suggestions and will always research a new way - especially if I can get away from medication. Honestly, I do thank you for your opinion & view point; it is much appreciated

Ruth Sheets

CCO Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
CCO Support Staff
MTA Student
ICD-10-CM Student
PPM Student (CPPM®)
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
You are welcome. Wishing you good health in the very near future and success with your coding endeavors!